Aged Care Sector Committee
The Aged Care Sector Committee (the Committee) provides advice to the Government on aged care policy development and implementation. The Committee also acts as the mechanism for consultation between the Australian Government and the aged care sector. Committee members consult within their own memberships and constituencies to ensure stakeholder views inform the policy development process.
About the Committee
Terms of Reference
The Committee's roles and responsibilities are set out in the Committee's Terms of Reference.
The Committee has an Independent Chair with membership comprising of representatives from across the aged care sector including:
- peak bodies
- large for-profit and not-for-profit providers
- the National Aged Care Alliance; and
- the Department of Health.
Mr David Tune, AO PSM
- Dr Nicole Brooke, Executive Manager Care Services of Aged Care Plus, The Salvation Army
- Ms Ara Cresswell, CEO, Carers Australia
- Ms Samantha Edmonds, Managing Director, Ageing with Pride
- Mr David Hallinan, A/g Deputy Secretary, Department of Health
- Dr Stephen Judd, Chief Executive, HammondCare
- Ms Claerwen Little, National Director, UnitingCare Australia
- Ms Maree McCabe, CEO, Dementia Australia
- Professor John McCallum, CEO, National Seniors Australia
- Mr Nick Mersiades, Director, Aged Care, Catholic Health Australia
- Mr Graeme Prior, CEO, Hall and Prior Health and Aged Care Group
- Ms Julie Reeves, Federal Professional Officer, Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation
- Mr Matthew Richter, CEO, The Aged Care Guild
- Mr Sean Rooney, CEO, Leading Age Services Australia
- Ms Patricia Sparrow, CEO, Aged and Community Services Australia
- Mr Ian Yates AM, Chief Executive, COTA Australia
- Mr Mike Callaghan AM PSM, Chair, Aged Care Financing Authority
- Ms Andrea Coote, Chair, Aged Care Quality and Safety Advisory Council
- Ms Jody Currie, Representative, National Advisory Group for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Aged Care
- Professor John Pollaers OAM, Chair, Australian Industry and Skills Committee
Aged Care Sector Committee members' biographies
- 21 March 2019
- 3 April 2019
- 13 September 2019
- 6 December 2019
Work of the Committee
Aged Care Roadmap
The Aged Care Sector Committee was tasked by the Government with developing a roadmap to advise on future directions for aged care.
The Aged Care Roadmap presents the Committee’s views on the short, medium and long term actions required to transform the current aged care system into a sustainable, consumer driven and market based system.
The Roadmap was delivered to the Minister for Health and Aged Care in April 2016. The Government has shown support for the Roadmap and it was considered in the aged care Budget measures announced in May 2018.
Aged Care Sector Statement of Principles
The Committee worked closely with the Australian Government to develop a set of principles which will guide future changes in the aged care system and embed a constructive and lasting partnership between consumers, providers, the aged care workforce and the Government.
The Aged Care Sector Statement of Principles (the principles) comprises an overarching Statement of Purpose, an Approach to Partnership and Explanatory Statements for the individual principles.
Red Tape Reduction action plan
The Committee finalised the Red Tape Reduction action plan which was agreed by the Australian Government. The action plan represents the first step towards reducing the regulation of the aged care sector. It sets out a range of actions that can be taken to reduce unnecessary red tape for aged care providers and consumers.
- Communiqué – 13 September 2019
- Communiqué – 3 April 2019 Extra-ordinary meeting
- Communiqué – 21 March 2019
- Communiqué – 7 December 2018
- Communiqué – 21 September 2018
- Communiqué – 6 July 2018
- Communiqué - 9 May 2018 Extra-ordinary meeting
- Communiqué – 23 March 2018
- Communiqué – 1 December 2017
- Communiqué – 18 August 2017
- Communiqué – 16 June 2017
- Communiqué - 12 May 2017 Extra-ordinary meeting
- Communiqué - 17 February 2017
- Communiqué – 4 December 2015
- Communiqué – 18 September 2015
- Communiqué – 24 July 2015
- Communiqué – 13 April 2015
- Communiqué – 20 November 2014
- Communiqué – 5 September 2014
- Communiqué – 21 July 2014 Extra-Ordinary Meeting
- Communiqué – 13 June 2014
- Communiqué – 9 May 2014
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.