Aged care services during the current bushfire season
In an emergency, please call 000 or the local emergency services.
Advice for consumers of aged care services
If you are concerned about aged care services being affected by bushfires, please talk to your provider in the first instance. If you cannot make contact with the provider or have other questions, please call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422.
Advice for providers of aged care services
Providers have an important role to ensure that care recipients continue to receive quality care during and after emergency events by being well prepared for any events that might impact your service. Emergency planning is also a requirement for aged care providers.
Read about how to prepare for and handle emergency events in aged care settings:
- Risk management for emergency events in aged care
- Home care providers in affected bushfire areas
- Emergency approval applications from Residential aged care providers offering residential respite during bushfire emergencies
- Preparation for dangerous fire conditions
If service providers need help finding vacancies or resources to manage an emergency, please call the Australian Government Department of Health on the number for your relevant state. These numbers are monitored at all times.
- Victoria / Tasmania – 1800 078 709
- New South Wales/ACT – 1800 852 649
- South Australia – 1800 288 475
- Queensland – 1800 300 125
- Western Australia – 1800 733 923
- Northern Territory – 1800 355 348
People affected by the bushfires can find out more information about disaster payments by calling Services Australia (Centrelink) on 180 22 66 or via the Services Australia website.