This category contains links to authoritative sources of data on ageing and aged care in Australia and internationally.
Australian Bureau of Statistics - Population Characteristics
This link directs you to a page on the Australian Bureau of Statistics website that provides links to their publications on Population and Household Characteristics.
This link provides information on construction expenditure in aged care facilities. Search for ‘aged care facilities’ in the relevant file.
This link directs you to a page on the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare website that provides information on their research and evaluation projects, publications, and statistics on ageing and aged care.
RoGS provides information on the equity, efficiency and effectiveness of government services in Australia. It contains a wealth of statistical information on most elements of aged care.
Information on the Survey of Disability Ageing and Carers (2012) conducted by the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
Submissions to Parliament by the then Department of Health and Ageing
These submissions include aged care data provided to the Parliament of Australia;
- Inquiry into residential and community aged care in Australia 2009 - Part 1, Part 2, Attachment A
- Inquiry into Aged Care Amendment Bill 2007 - Residential Care (Attachment 1)
- Quality and equity in aged care - 2005
- OECD Programme on Long Term Care
- United Nations Ageing Social Policy and Development Division
- World Health Organization (WHO) Ageing and Life Course Programme
- ARP Age Source/Age Stats Worldwide
United Kingdom (UK):
United States of America (USA):
- Administration on Aging
- Federal Interagency Forum on Aging-Related Statistics
- National Institute on Aging