Resources for the sector to share with service providers
- Home Care Package information and support materials
- Residential Aged Care information and support materials
These resources are available for you to share with your service providers via your communication channels.
Notifications of updates will be announced in our regular eNewsletter, which you can sign up for on the Advice to the Aged Care Industry page.
Any feedback on this page can be emailed to the Department of Health.
We have developed a range of resources to support home care providers with understanding the requirements of the home care packages program. Support materials include:
- Webinar recordings on topics such as the home care service finder, changing providers, unspent home care amounts, approved provider requirements and the national queue.
- Fact sheets on topics such as the client journey, national prioritisation, changing providers, unspent home care amounts, exit amounts and the home care package service finder.
- Videos covering the new data fields for Home Care Package providers for both the Organisation Administrator and the Outlet Administrator.
- Forms and Guides such as the notification of home care maximum exit amount, provider readiness checklist and a step by step example of calculating unspent home care amount.
This video showcases the benefits of using brokered services to provide consumers with real choice in service delivery.
New materials for providers are continually being developed and uploaded to the home care packages webpage.
Are you giving out the right financial hardship forms?
Approved providers need to ensure they are giving the correct financial hardship application forms to care recipients. The correct forms include an integrated barcode to improve the lodgement process and a mailing address to the Department of Human Services (DHS). These forms are available on the DHS website:
Please destroy any old stock you might be holding. Using the incorrect form will delay the form being processed as it needs to be redirected to DHS for actioning.
New approved provider application forms now available
A video on the introduction of the Quality Indicator Application for Residential Aged Care.
Quality Indicator application for Residential Aged Care
This video showcases the Quality Indicator application on the My Aged Care Provider portal and explains the steps in assigning the Quality Indicator tile, setting targets for each Quality Indicator and entering data for the quarter.