Nominations Open for National Disability Awards
This information was distributed on July 2, 2014
Nominations for the 2014 National Disability Awards are now open.
Help us celebrate people and organisations that are committed to enabling a more inclusive Australian society – through supporting people with disability to participate more fully in society and reach their goals.
This year we want to reach out across Australia to change attitudes and break down barriers so that people with disability can enjoy equal access to what many others take for granted — a good start to life; a good education; a job and greater economic security; and better access to buildings and transport, the legal system, recreational and cultural activities, health services and achieving better health and wellbeing.
Nominations are now open in eight categories:
- Lesley Hall Award for Lifetime Achievement in Disability
- Emerging Leaders Award in Disability
- Improving Inclusive and Accessible Communities Award
- Improving Advocacy and Rights Promotion Award
- Improving Employment Opportunities Award
- Improving Personal and Community Support Award
- Improving Education Outcomes Award
- Improving Health and Wellbeing Outcomes Award.
We hope you will consider nominating and/or forwarding to your networks and stakeholders to encourage nominations for this year’s Awards.
Nominations close on 18 July.
For more information head to the IDPWD website to connect with us via our e-newsletter to receive updates.