Clinical Practice Guidelines
The Clinical Practice Guidelines and Principles of Care for People Living with Dementia are written primarily for health and aged care staff who work with people with dementia in community, residential and hospital settings. The Guidelines were developed by the Cognitive Decline Partnership Centre and endorsed by the National Medical Health and Research Council.
Consumer Companion Guide
A consumer companion guide to the clinical practice guidelines and principles of care for people with dementia, developed by the Cognitive Decline Partnership Centre.
Information resources for people living with dementia, their carers and health professionals
Supported decision making in aged care
Supported Decision Making in Aged Care – A Policy Development Guideline for Aged Care Providers in Australia
Online dementia training for personal care workers, GPs and nurses
Online training in dementia diagnosis and care:
- Training for GPs through Dementia Training Australia
- Training for nurses through the Australian Primary Health Care Nurses Association
- Training for Personal Care Workers through Dementia Training Australia
- Training for health professionals, carers and the community through the Massive Open Online Course by University of Tasmania and the Wicking Centre.
- Dementia – national policy context
- Australian Government programs to support people with dementia, their families and carers
- National Framework for Action on Dementia 2015-2019