Commonwealth Home Support Programme Data Exchange webinar
Dear Aged Care Stakeholder
On 1 July 2015, the transition to the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) began. The CHSP is one of the changes being made to help older people stay independent and in their homes and communities for longer.
The CHSP brings together four programs:
- Commonwealth Home and Community Care Program
- Planned respite from the National Respite for Carers Program
- Day Therapy Centres Program
- Assistance with Care and Housing for the Aged Program
As part of the suite of new arrangements the CHSP will implement a new programme performance reporting process, supported by a new and simple-to-use IT system, known as the Department of Social Services Data Exchange (DSS). The DSS Data Exchange will replace all existing service activity reports (Output Variation Reporting and the HACC Minimum Data Set) for the CHSP from 1 November 2015.
The implementation of the DSS Data Exchange means there will be:
- Fewer, more targeted data items reported;
- Streamlined reporting arrangements;
- A simple and easy to use IT tool (the DSS Data Exchange) that allows for system to system transfers, bulk uploads or a free web-based portal;
- Greater access to client outcome data; and
- A Partnership Approach to reporting information about client outcomes.
You are invited to attend a live webinar on the CHSP Data Exchange. The webinar will provide a brief overview of the policy and framework behind the Data Exchange, and will be presented by staff from DSS.
You will have the opportunity to attend the webinar on Tuesday, 18 August or alternatively Tuesday, 15 September to watch and listen live and to ask questions. Further details of the are below.
|Webinar||Date and Time||Description||Link|
|CHSP DSS Data Exchange||
18 August 2015
15 September 2015
The CHSP DSS Data Exchange webinar will provide a brief overview of the policy and framework behind the Data Exchange including:
|A link to the DSS Data Exchange webinar landing page will be made available shortly|
You are not required to formally RSVP for the live webinars and there is no limit to the number of participants. Please see the instructions attached or on the DSS website to assist with logging in.
Recordings of the webinars will also be available on the DSS website.
Please keep an eye on the DSS website for details of upcoming webinars.
If you have any questions about the webinars, please email AgedCareReformEnquiries@dss.gov.au or call 1300 653 227.
Ageing and Aged Care Stream
Department of Social Services