Information for Aged Care Providers - Issue 6
Dear Aged Care Stakeholder,
Please find attached Issue #6 of the Information for Aged Care Providers Newsletter.
The intention of this newsletter is to provide a snapshot of advice on key issues for aged care providers; and to assist stakeholders to understand the changes to aged care following the 1 July 2014 changes, as well as information on the 1 July 2015 changes. The Department will distribute this information regularly. The topics covered in this issue include:
- Are you ready for Consumer Directed Care, including a reminder of the webinar scheduled for Tuesday 18 November 2014;
- Does a resident need to be left with a minimum amount of assets after paying their accommodation payment?
- Can a resident agree to an accommodation price that is greater than their net assets?
- Aged Care on the DSS website; and
- Reminder of the reporting timeframes for the Annual Prudential Compliance Statement and General Purpose Financial Report.
If you have any enquiries, would like to request further clarification or request specific topics be included in this newsletter, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please refer to the attachments for further information.
Ageing and Aged Care Stream
Department of Social Services