CHSP Client Contribution Framework
Early in 2015 it was announced that a principle based approach to fees (client contributions) would be developed for the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP). The department released a copy of the Client Contribution Framework (the framework) and National Guide to the CHSP Client Contribution Framework (the guide) on 15 October 2015.
The department worked closely with the National Aged Care Alliance and other peak bodies in the development of these documents.
The framework outlines the principles that providers can adopt in setting and implementing their own client contribution policy, with a view to ensuring that those who can afford to contribute to the cost of their care do so, whilst protecting those most vulnerable. The framework does not include a mandatory fees schedule. The guide complements the framework and has been developed for providers to assist with the establishment of flexible options for client contribution arrangements.
Further work to supplement the guide will include the development of additional guidance material which will support providers and clients understanding how these arrangements currently apply nationally. The framework will be consolidated into the CHSP Manual in a future version.
CHSP Client Contribution Framework National Survey
The department has engaged ACIL Allen Consulting to develop and conduct a national survey of CHSP service providers and to produce additional guidance material that will assist the sector to implement the CHSP Client Contribution Framework.
The survey will be an important opportunity for CHSP service providers to tell us what works well and what service providers need to implement their client contributions arrangements.
The survey will:
- Assist in a gaining a better understanding from CHSP service providers about their perspectives and experiences in implementing the Framework
- Provide information about how well the National Guide has assisted them in developing their client contribution arrangements
- Collect information on barriers to the uptake of the Framework and the range of client contributions consumers can expect to pay for different service types in each state and territory.
- Help the department produce additional guidance material that will assist the sector to implement the Framework and inform consumers and providers on current national client contribution charging practices.
ACIL Allen Consulting will be approaching CHSP service providers in March 2017 inviting them to participate in the survey.
The privacy of all participants will be protected and all feedback is anonymous.
The survey and results will be completed by the end of June 2017.
For information about the survey email ACIL Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Access the documents
If you have questions about using the My Aged Care provider portal, we encourage you to review support materials and talk to colleagues to resolve any concerns or questions in the first instance.
If this does not help to answer your question or concern, please contact the My Aged Care provider and assessor helpline on 1800 836 799. The helpline is available between 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday and 10 am to 2 pm Saturday.
- My Aged Care website
- Newsletter October 2015 – National Guide to the CHSP Client Contribution Framework - [PDF 361 kB]
- Newsletter October 2015 - Client Contribution Framework - [PDF 112 kB]
- About the Commonwealth Home Support Programme
- Consultation process
- Transition to the CHSP
- Victorian HACC transition
- Reporting requirements