As part of the CHSP, new reporting arrangements have been established through the Data Exchange. The Data Exchange replaces all existing service activity reports (Output Variation Reporting and the HACC Minimum Data Set) for the CHSP from 1 November 2015.
On 1 November 2015 the Data Exchange became available for all service providers as they entered into a new CHSP grant agreement.
The implementation of the Data Exchange means there will be:
- fewer, more targeted data items reported
- streamlined reporting arrangements
- a simple and easy to use IT tool that allows for system to system transfers, bulk uploads or a free web-based portal
- greater access to client outcome data
- a partnership approach to reporting information about client outcomes.
Importantly the Data Exchange will provide client level data as opposed to aggregated data and will support better outcomes for clients in the future.
A CHSP reporting timeline is available to clearly outline what is required of providers from 1 July 2016 to 30 July 2017.
CHSP reporting timeline PDF 188KB
CHSP reporting timeline Word 20KB
The reporting timeline outlines:
- reporting on service delivery from 1 November 2015.
- reporting and acquittals for the 2016-17 financial year.
There is now a dedicated Data Exchange website.
The department has held a number of webinars on the Data Exchange.
Enquiries can be emailed to CHSP@health.gov.au.
If you have questions about using the My Aged Care provider portal, we encourage you to review support materials and talk to colleagues to resolve any concerns or questions in the first instance. If this does not help to answer your question or concern, please contact the My Aged Care provider and assessor helpline on 1800 836 799. The helpline is available between 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday and 10 am to 2 pm Saturday.