About My Aged Care
- My Aged Care
- My Aged Care changes in 2015
- What changed in 2014?
- My Aged Care videos
- My Aged Care Resources
My Aged Care was introduced on 1 July 2013 and consists of the My Aged Care website (myagedcare.gov.au) and the My Aged Care contact centre (1800 200 422).
My Aged Care was developed based on extensive consultation across Australia, with individuals, services, peak bodies, consumers, and government departments.
My Aged Care has created a clear entry point to the aged care system and currently provides:
- information about aged care to consumers, family members and carers
- information for service providers
- online service finders that provide information about aged care service providers and assessors
- online fee estimators for pricing on home care packages and residential care.
My Aged Care was expanded from 1 July 2015. The changes included:
- a central client record to facilitate the collection and sharing of client information between the client and their representatives, assessors and service providers.
- the introduction of the My Aged Care Regional Assessment Service (RAS) to conduct face-to-face assessments of people seeking entry level support at home, provided under the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP).
- My Aged Care contact centre staff and assessors using the National Screening and Assessment Form (NSAF) to ensure a nationally consistent and holistic screening and assessment process.
- an electronic matching and referral capability.
- web-based My Aged Care portals for clients, assessors and service providers:
- clients use the client portal to view their client record
- assessors use the assessor portal to manage referrals, use the NSAF and update the client record with assessment information
- service providers use the provider portal to maintain information about the services they deliver, manage referrals and update the client record.
- The ability for service providers to self-manage information about the services they deliver, which are presented on the service finders on the My Aged Care website. This information is used by My Aged Care contact centre staff and assessors to send referrals for service(s).
- My Aged Care contact centre staff and assessors are able to provide information about these services to consumers.
- How to set up your organisation in the My Aged Care provider portal
- Showcase of the My Aged Care system
My Aged Care resources for consumers are available for downloading or ordering.