Request for Tender for the My Aged Care Regional Assessment Service
An open approach to market was undertaken in late October 2014 calling for tenders to deliver assessment services as part of the Regional Assessment Service (RAS) from 1 July 2015. The tender process closed on 19 December 2014.
As a result of the evaluation process, 13 organisations have been selected to deliver assessment services nationally as part of the RAS. 10 of the 13 organisations are current providers of services under Commonwealth HACC Service Group 2.
The vast majority of regions will operate with between two and four organisations, to ensure an appropriate capacity level to effectively support the population and help to achieve diversity and overlap.
The 13 organisations who will deliver the RAS are:
- Access Care Network Australia Pty Ltd
- Australian Regional and Remote Community Services Limited
- Care Assessment Consultants Pty Ltd
- Catholic Healthcare Limited
- Community Options Australia Incorporated
- Feros Care
- Health Administration Corporation (HAC)
- Partners 4 Health Limited
- Resthaven Incorporated
- Serendipity (WA) Pty Ltd
- Suncare Community Services Inc
- The Uniting Church in Australia Property Trust (Q.)
- UnitingCare Wesley Adelaide Incorporated
For further information view the details of Regional Assessment Service coverage by state/territory and region.
These organisations have engaged over 75 subcontractor organisations, including for-profit service providers, non-profit service providers, local councils, organisations with a background in the aged care services sector and organisations specialising in the delivery of assessment services across multiple sectors.
Most of the subcontractor organisations are current Commonwealth HACC Service Group 2 providers.
The contracts will be listed in the Australian Government Tender System (AusTender) in the near future.