Information for clients
- Continuity of support through CHSP
- Entering Aged Care
- Advocacy services
- Client Resources
- Return to CoS Home page
The Commonwealth Continuity of Support (CoS) Programme will make sure older people with disability who are not eligible for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) will still be supported as the NDIS is rolled out across Australia.
Eligibility for the CoS Programme is:
- based on an individual’s circumstances and criteria
- only for pre-identified clients and service providers.
The CoS Programme will make sure that:
- older Australians who are receiving state and territory-managed specialist disability services are supported to receive similar services to those they received before the change.
- services for clients will not need to change and people will not need to move.
- continuity of support arrangements will allow clients to continue to receive services.
Your services should not change and you will not need to move. You will continue to receive your current disability services from your current service provider.
Your service provider will be in contact with you to talk about any changes, including when they might happen.
If your service provider decides to stop your services, the Australian Government will find another suitable provider so you receive a similar level of support.
If you live in shared housing
If you live in a group home, it is expected that you will still live where you do now under the CoS Programme. This includes if you are living in a house where there are also people under the age of 65 who will be receiving support under the NDIS.
If your service provider decides to stop providing your services, the Australian Government will find another suitable provider so you receive a similar level of support.
There will be no change to what you currently pay if you join the CoS Programme. For example, if you do not currently pay anything, this will stay the same and if you do pay something the amount will not change.
Any financial hardship help should also be available to you if it was before.
What you pay may increase each year in line with the Consumer Price Index.