Aged Care Education and Training Incentive (ACETI) Program
Important: Applicants must have commenced an eligible course between 1 July 2015 and 31 March 2016 and submitted an application form within six (6) months of commencement of training or by 30 September 2016 to be considered for the Aged Care Education and Training Incentive (ACETI) Program. Students will receive completion payments if they meet current requirements, complete their studies and submit a completion application form by 30 June 2020.
In the 2010-11 Budget the Australian Government provided $59.9 million over four years for a national incentive program to provide payments to eligible aged care workers who undertake further studies to enhance their career as a personal care worker, an enrolled nurse or a registered nurse.
In the 2015-16 Budget, the ACETI Program was extended for nine months until 31 March 2016. Access to the ACETI Program ceased for new students on 31 March 2016.
The ACETI Program provides incentive payments to eligible aged care workers who undertake specified education and training to upgrade their qualifications to help build their career in aged care.
The Department of Human Services delivers the ACETI Program with funding from the Department of Health.
How to apply
Application forms are available to download. There is a form below for the completion payment.
- Aged Care Education and Training Incentive Program - Guidelines
- Aged Care Education and Training Incentive (ACETI) Program - Completion application form
- Information for applicants
- Aged Care Education & Training Incentive Program Frequently Asked Questions
- For all other Payment related questions contact the Department of Human Services Medicare Program Aged Care Enquiries Line on 1800 195 206 (option 1 or 2).