Enhanced information on quality of services
The My Aged Care website is critical to increasing consumer choice in the delivery of aged care services. Enhanced information about provider quality on My Aged Care is intended to:
- help consumers and industry to better understand and compare aged care services
- encourage provider performance
- help consumers to make informed choices.
This work builds on the National Aged Care Quality Indicator Program (and measures of consumer experience and quality of life).
Enhancements to improve access to quality information on the My Aged Care website include:
- improvements to the home care packages service finder, enabling providers to advertise detailed information about their costs and the addition of search fields such as: religion, language, special needs and specialised services
- a ‘non-compliance service finder’ to allow consumers to more easily search for current and archived compliance action taken against residential services and home care package providers
- information about how to find quality services, and how consumers’ rights are protected
- information about a residential aged care service’s accreditation status with improved links to the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission’s accreditation audit reports and consumer experience reports, where available