From 1 July 2019 the Aged Care Quality Standards replaced the:.
- Accreditation Standards
- Home Care Standards
- National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Flexible Aged Care Program Standards
- Transition Care Standards
These Standards are no longer in force.
The Accreditation Standards applied to residential aged care providers and short-term restorative care provided in a residential setting.
There were four standards and 44 expected outcomes. These standards were:
- Standard one: Management systems, staffing and organisational development
- Standard two: Health and personal care
- Standard three: Care recipient lifestyle
- Standard four: Physical environment and safe systems
Standard one also had an ‘intention’ which indicated it acted as the umbrella for the other three standards.
The Home Care Standards applied to care provided in a person’s own home or the community, including short-term restorative care delivered in a home setting, and care delivered under the Commonwealth Home Support Programme before 1 July 2019.
The Home Care Standards were detailed in the Quality of Care Principles 2014. There are were three standards and 18 expected outcomes. These standards were:
- Standard one: Effective management
- Standard two: Appropriate access and service delivery
- Standard three: Service user rights and responsibilities
The National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Flexible Aged Care Program (NATSIFACP) standards applied to care delivered under the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Flexible Aged Care Program before 1 July 2019.
There were two standards:
- Standard one: Care delivery and information
- Standard two: Management and accountability
Transition Care provides time-limited, goal-oriented and therapy-focused packages of services to older people after a hospital stay to allow them to return home rather than prematurely enter residential care.
Before 1 July 2019, the Transition Care Standards included three standards:
- Standard one: Optimising independence and wellbeing
- Standard two: Multidisciplinary approach and therapy focused care
- Standard three: Seamless care