Public consultation on the single quality framework
Previous consultation activities
In March to April 2017, the Government consulted on two other parts of the single quality framework:
- a new single set of quality standards for all aged care services
- an improved approach for assessing provider performance against quality standards.
A webinar outlining the draft standards and options for improving the quality assessment process was held on 29 March 2017. The webinar and transcript are available for viewing on the department's webcast.
A range of forums were held during the consultation period. Participants were able to ask questions to help them prepare their submissions. The forums included:
- Regional forums for consumers and industry in Geelong, Townsville and Alice Springs
- Consumer forum (invitation only) in Canberra organised through a range of consumer peak organisations
- Provider forums in Sydney
- Forums for National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Flexible Aged Care Program (NATSIFACP) providers conducted via videoconference.
The Department also presented on the single quality framework at a number of consumer and industry meetings and conferences.
Outcomes of previous consultation
The Department wishes to thank everyone who participated in the broad consultation on these two elements of the single quality framework, including those who participated in the webinar, forums, videoconferences or who contributed submissions. The feedback provided as part of the consultation supported the further development of the single quality framework.
The outcomes of public consultation on the single quality framework are summarised in the Report on the outcome of consultations on the Single Aged Care Quality Framework.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Visit the department’s website to subscribe to announcements and the eNewsletter to keep up to date with important messages affecting the aged care sector, including updates on the single quality framework.