The Commonwealth Continuity of Support (CoS) Programme Feedback and Concerns

Page last updated: 29 May 2018

If you receive Australian Government funded services under the Cos Programme you have the right to raise any concerns about the care you or someone else receives from a service provider.

If you feel comfortable, the first thing you should do is let your service provider know about your concerns. Most of the time your service provider is best placed to resolve complaints and deal with your concerns. This can be the quickest and most effective way to find a solution.

If you don’t feel comfortable speaking with your service provider, or if your complaint hasn’t been resolved, contact your state or territory authority as below. 


State Organisation Contact
NSW NSW Ombudsman

Phone: 1800 451 524 or


QLD Queensland Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services

Phone: 1800 080 464


TAS Tasmanian Department of Health and Human Services

Your Disability and Community Services Area Manager on:

  • South - (03) 6166 1127
  • North - (03) 6777 1060
  • North West - (03) 6477 7609

ACT Disability and Community Services Commissioner



ACT Human Services Registrar

Phone: (08) 8999 2572

Phone: 1800 004 474


NT Department of Health



NT Health and Community Services Complaints Commission



Phone: (08) 8999 2572

Phone: 1800 004 474


Incident Management – Feedback and Incident Review team

(For service providers of DCSI DSPP/DCSI NDIS Registration Pool:



South Australian  Health and Community Services Complaints Commissioner




SA Ombudsman

Phone: (08) 8207 0142






Phone: (08) 8226 8666 
Toll Free: 1800 232 007 (country SA landline only)



Phone: (08) 8226 8699
Toll Free: 1800 182 150 (outside metro only)

Victorian Disability Services Commissioner

Phone: 1800 677 342


Note: that the contact details for Western Australia  will be provided as the CoS Programme starts in that location.

The department’s Ageing and Aged Care website provides contact details for Advocacy Support services. Further information is available at advocacy support if you need assistance to raise your concerns.

Feedback and complaints about the administration of the CoS Programme

Please phone the Department of Health if you (or someone acting on your behalf) have any concerns or complaints about the way in which the CoS Programme is administered, such as: 

  • access to the program
  • conduct of a Commonwealth employee engaging with you 
  • rejection of an application for additional support. 

If you have any concerns or complaints about the way in which the CoS Programme is administered, then the first point of contact is the Grant Agreement Manager in the Department’s Health State Network. If your issue remains unresolved, it can be referred to the Commonwealth Ombudsman.

Commonwealth Ombudsman: 1300 362 072

Telephone the Department of Health information line on 1800 020 103

National Relay Service: If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can use the National Relay Service to access any of the department’s listed phone numbers. You can visit the National Relay Service online or call 1300 555 727.